Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Day 16 - OctPoWriMo: A Lifetime of Fear



A Lifetime of Fear

The fears of youth have long passed
Would I 
    be loved
       find meaningful work
           be solvent

The fears of mid-life have faded
Could I 
  retire in comfort
    afford to travel
         maintain my home

The fears of aging are present 
Will I 
   remain independent
      retain my good health
          be able to care for myself
             leave too much undone
                 become a burden

The fears of aging are persistent
   
  huge
      
     real
    

Today's Theme: Losing Your Fears and Tears

2 comments:

  1. I hope for us all that we can keep those fears at bay for as long as possible. I live them through my parents and grandparents at the moment, more than through my own experiences, though I too have times when I wonder.
    I like the cascading words, the way my overactive mind works when I worry.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn. I appreciate your time and comments so much. xoA

      Delete