Sunday, October 22, 2017

Day 22 - OctPoWriMo: Tell Me

Today's Theme: Purposeful Passion

Bandon, Oregon 2017


Tell Me

Tell me everything
Everything you want me to know
Know I will hear your words
Words that slice or soothe
Tell me everything
Everything to unburden, to free
Free your mind to live, to love
Love yourself and tend to your heart



The prompt asked us to write about something we’re passionate about. So I asked myself this question from Natalie Goldberg: "What is it mine to do?"

8 comments:

  1. This rings true to me. I asked myself about it yesterday with one of my older children. "Everything to unburden, to free/free your mind to live, to love/love yourself and tend to your heart"
    This is definitely what I tried to explain to my child. Hopefully I succeeded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, I'm glad this poem struck a chord with you. Thank you so much for commenting and sharing part of yourself. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this - Know I will hear your words
    Words that slice or soothe
    Tell me everything
    Everything to unburden, to free
    Free your mind to live, to love

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous, Annis! Your words soothe me. And the photo! ❤️❤️❤️ Thank you for sharing yourself so fully! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Michelle, I was looking for the perfect photo to express the feeling in the poem. And there it was from this summer. Besties who listen and support and love each other. Thank you. xoA

      Delete
  5. I love that you recognize "what is yours to do" and you do it so beautifully and lovingly. What a blessing for me to know that you truly are interested in hearing every word I have to say! I love you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear heart. You are such a blessing to me. I love you, Amina. xoxo

      Delete