Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Day 24 - OctPoWriMo: Travelers

Arches National Park 2010

Travelers

The solo traveler
Sings adventure
not loneliness
Meets no strangers
as she makes her way
Unencumbered
Along roads well-worn
or not taken
Wanders
Encounters compadres
fellow seekers who
Momentarily connect
Become consequential strangers
or maybe friends
Their destinies
to traipse the world



Santorini 2015



Today's Theme: When Lovers Meet


The prompt asks us to consider types of lovers beyond the usual idea when we hear the word. I love to travel: alone, with one other person, in small groups, on tours. Discoveries and connections delight me.

12 comments:

  1. I don't have much chance for solo travel (something that I was always admonished that ladies just don't do) but I do enjoy dining alone, which is something that a lot of people find terribly distasteful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara, thank you for reading and commenting. We did hear that growing up. But more women are traveling solo for business and pleasure these days. Check out Journeywoman at http://journeywoman.com/. xoA

      Delete
  2. Your poem brings a song we sang in school to mind, The Happy Wanderer. Beautiful pictures to go with the poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lili. I appreciate your commenting, and I remember that song. xoA

      Delete
  3. “Sings adventure” - I thought you didn’t sing? So happy you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. This happens only on a solo journey. Thanks, Anke. xoA

      Delete
  4. Lovely - Meets no strangers
    as she makes her way
    Unencumbered
    Along roads well-worn
    or not taken

    Captures the essence of a solo journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your description of travels. Something I used to love doing but have been missing for the past few years, for financial and family reasons...
    Hopefully I get to do it again soon...

    ReplyDelete