Friday, October 6, 2017

Day 6 - OctPoWriMo 2017: Pacing

Pacing

While I paced
the seaside labyrinth
Circles in the Sand*
Time evaporated
Serenity engulfed me
Cleansed me
Suspended
every negative thought

Bandon, Oregon 2017 

This summer, we made the early morning trip to Bandon, Oregon to experience the labyrinth on the beach created by labyrinth artist Denny Dyke. Known as Circles in the Sand, over 10,000 pairs of feet have walked his sandy paths. It’s truly a peaceful time in a beautiful setting.

 


 Both photos by Annis Cassells. (c) 2017

7 comments:

  1. My favorite: walking the labyrinth while singing. I know your peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect place for a labyrinth. Your cares were blown away by the sea breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. It was magical. Thanks for commenting. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annis, you are blowing me away with your ability to compose a beautiful poem every day! Love this one...and all the previous poems so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, thanks so much for reading and for your comments and confidence. xoA

      Delete